Friday, February 19, 2010
Fridays at the Piedmont Grille
Summer over at Andthistimeconcentrate! has given me this award where I'm supposed to list 7 random facts about myself. Hmm....
1. I have hazel eyes. When I wear a purple shirt, they turn green. When I wear a green shirt, they turn blue.
2. I've only broken one bone, my third toe, in my whole life. It got run over by a telephone pole. (We were playing on one that was used as a stop guard for cars in the school yard.)
3. I live in total chaos, until I can't stand it anymore then I have to scrub, clean, and organize like a mad woman. The euphoria lasts about 2 weeks.
4. I once gave a Christmas party at the beach house and invited 50 people. The night it happened, it began raining, then snowing, then sleeting. I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, cooking, setting up the bar, decorating, making sure everything was perfect, just in case 20 people showed up, you know my stalwart friends. Because you know only a third invited will show, and besides I lived at the end of a dirt road, in the rain and snow, yeah not so good. In the end, 85 people showed up. It was the best party I ever gave and I had more fun than I ever intended, especially as the hostess.
5. I love trees and refused to move to NC if there were no trees in my backyard. I think tree cutting should be outlawed.
6. I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my teeth. (Lots of practice at the bar with that. Back in my bad old days I used to make money off it too. $5- bucks a stem.)
7. I didn't know my brother's name was Robert until I was in second grade. I always called him Brother. (Because my mother would say, "Go play with your brother" not "Go play with Bobby".)
And in some cosmically amusing way, this brings me around to today's post. I don't know if I'll be doing this every Friday but I thought it might be fun to try it out and see how it goes. I know a few other bloggers do this and, to me, it's kind of interesting. Here goes -- Ask me a question. On anything. Writing, my personal life, my stories, the crazy thing I call my craft, cooking, what I would do with a 6-figure contract -- whatever you want. I will answer it.
I love when the Awards come around (ha ha see this post was actually written last Sunday and I had already decided to do this) and you get to find out a little more about the person behind the blog. I figured, why wait. This could be kind of like internet dating, only not, you know.
So whatever you want, (although I should put in a disclaimer and say I will only answer in a generalized way any questions asked about my Monster Child. Need to keep some form of privacy.)
I also need to pass the award on to new blog friends so: The Award goes to --
Roxy at A Woman's Write
Steena at Chocolate Reality
Shelley at Stories in the Ordinary
Lindsey at Dangerous with a Pen
So fire away with the questions, I'm ready.