Saturday, February 20, 2010
I have to say I've been secretly coveting this award for many months now. I don't know what it means but it's just so flippin' cool. My Uncle Howard used to own a scrap yard. My Uncle Jake has always collected scrap cars, and my father is a carpenter and has so much scrap wood you could build a brand new house. So I guess, in a kind of weird way, I deserve it. Hopefully that doesn't mean that my books are scrap. But I won't think about that.
First let me thank Roxy over at A Woman's Write for giving this to me. She says she has the same mental block about computerly things that I do so it's no wonder we're friends. With this award I believe I'm supposed to tell you 10 things that make me happy and except for the first one, they are in no particular order.
1) My daughter -- even though since before Christmas she's been trying out her new found independance and I'm wondering where my "precious child" has gone.
2) Masterpiece Theatre -- especially when they're running a Jane Austen marathon which they're doing this month.
3) My writing -- I think it's progressing nicely and I feel I have a grip on what it takes to bring a story together.
4) My amzing blog friends -- you guys totally rock my world. It's great to know I have someone to talk to each and every day.
5) Sunrise -- now that we're out of the blue funk of the holidays I love getting up with the dawn. It's peaceful and calm and for an hour or so I feel like it's just me and God hanging out for a little while.
6) Bedtime -- as much as I love waking with the birds, I'm pretty dang tired by the end of the day and I just bought some new sheets and a beautiful down comforter so snuggling into them has been an especially nice treat these last few weeks.
7) Being Outside -- I love being outside and working in the yard and in the next few weeks the weather will definitely be improving here in the Piedmont so I can start re-doing my gardens and working on my fence.
8) Reading -- I haven't really had the chance to indulge these last few years so I've been playing catch up. Nothing like curling up with the cat and a good book.
9) The Beach -- any time, any season, any beach, for any reason or no reason. Some day I will go back.
10) Earth Day -- cuz it's my birthday. And my dad's too.
Without further ado, I need to pass this on to: (and I'm trying to figure out who I haven't given out an award to at all)
Ryan at The Life of an Aspiring Writer
Jesica at coffeelvnmom
Lisa at Why A?
The other Kristi at Random Daily Thoughts
Sarah Jayne at Writing in the Wilderness because her writing is mind-blowing and if you don't follow her you should.