Monday, February 21, 2011

My Characters for MisMatched

Well, here we are. I finally found my characters for MisMatched -- Ellis and Violet's story. Some of you may remember a few from last year's MASQUERADE. All my books are intertwined so the same characters pop up every once in awhile. Without further ado.

(And please read through to the bottom of this page for some rather exciting news.)



This is Lady Penny, Duchess of Caymore, Violet's new friend and Haverlane's sister-in-law.










This is Lady Olivia, who makes a very brief, but very crucial appearance at the end of the book.











This is Manning, Haverlane's venerable butler.















This is Mrs. Jeffers, the housekeeper at Fairhaven.




















This is Reverend Andrew Perry. Wrong costume but close enough I say.


















This is Lady Rose Flowers, Violet's mother. We don't like her very much.















This is Lady Chesnick, Haverlane's mother. We don't like her either.

















This is the Duke of Chesnick, Haverlane's father and not a very nice man.














This is Lady Georgiana Baxter, the vixen after Haverlane's heart and money.















This is the Prince Regent. I think he's perfect.















This is the man who tries to steal Violet away from Haverlane. Captain John Winsbarren.
















This is Haverlane as you all know. God, I just love this picture of him.





















And this is Violet. Isn't she pretty?
















Now, for the exciting news. If you don't know Bridget Chicoine, she is a writer as well as a phenomenal painter. She has done a painting for Michelle Davidson Argyle and has asked me to write something to go along with it. If you'd like a little more of Violet and Haverlane's adventure, please go here. Please, also while you're there, click on over to her artist blog and view all the lovely paintings she has done. If I were a rich and famous author I'd buy them all.

31 comments:

Laura pauling said...

great pics - all of them. Poor Lady Chesnick, not a very flattering picture. I tried not to laugh. Sounds like you've got a complete cast. And congrats on the news!

Anne Gallagher said...

Laura -- I LOVE Dame Maggie Smith and didn't want to use her for this, but this picture is SOOO Lady Chesnick I couldn't resist.

J.B. Chicoine said...

Anne, what a great cast! And thank you so much for writing a story for me! What fun!

Anne Gallagher said...

Bridget -- No, thank you. The pleasure was absolutely all mine.

Linda G. said...

Congrats on your writing assignment -- sounds like all kinds of fun!

And I love your cast of characters. :)

Anne Gallagher said...

Linda -- Thanks. It was great fun!

Unknown said...

I love the characters and the actors/actresses you chose! Violet is breathtaking!!

How cool of a job to be writing a piece for a painting! Hopping over now!

Anne Gallagher said...

Jen -- Thank you, Thank you. Violet is breathtaking isn't she?

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

I simply adore Joan Plowright (Lady Olivier) and Dame Maggie Smith - both brilliant actors.

Love your casting pics.

I'm off now to browse those paintings, artwork my inspiration for novels! ;)

best
F

Bish Denham said...

Wonderful choises! The captain is yummy and Violet delightful.

Anonymous said...

A very creative cast you've chosen! Off to read you over at Bridget's.

Sarah Ahiers said...

love love LOVE Penny! Also, John isn't too bad either ;)

Anne Gallagher said...

Francine -- you won't be disappointed with her artwork that's for sure.

Bish -- Thanks. Yes, yummy is the word!

Lynn -- Thanks. Enjoy!

Sarah -- Thought you might like John.

Bossy Betty said...

Love these picks!

Unknown said...

Very intriguing. I've never done a character pictorial for any of my books. Looks like it would take some time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It would be so difficult for me to find pictures for all my characters! I admire that you were so successful.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh I just loved your pictures. They so nicely capture the feel of your story.

Anne Gallagher said...

Betty -- Thanks.

Elle -- Not so long if you know what you're looking for. I picked only from the Regency movies I knew.

Alex -- thank you so much. I think Christian Bale would make a fine Byron.

Jennifer -- Thank you. I have to have someone in mind at all times to get the 'essence' of the characters.

Rula Sinara said...

Love the photos you picked! I'll check out the links too.

lotusgirl said...

Those are great characters. I agree with you about the Maggie Smith picture. You can love her, but she makes a great villain. She's that good of an actress.

dolorah said...

I loved your pictures. They all seem so perfect for the characters. Yes, Havelane is handsome. So cool you get to hang out with them all while you're writing.

I haven't really picked pictures for my characters. No time I guess - or maybe I don't want to commit :)

........dhole

Anne Gallagher said...

Rula -- Thanks. Hope you like the story.

Lois -- So good to see you again. LOVE Maggie. And you're so right. She makes an excellent villainess.

Donna -- You're funny. don't want to commit. It's great hanging with them but when the book is finished I'm miserable.

Matthew MacNish said...

Very cool. It must be so much find to look for these, especially since the setting for your story lends itself to such a well represented period.

Anne Gallagher said...

Matt -- It is kind of easy, but, I just have to make sure they're RIGHT for the part, which isn't always so. I had 3 Violets before I found this one. This one was the best one.

Patti said...

Great villian photos. I can totally see them as the bad guys. I did this for my second book, but not my first one. Maybe I should give it a go.

Tracy said...

Oh Anne, I love how many of your characters are from my favorite version of Pride & Prejudice.

Why does it always have to be my fellow redheads that play the vixen/villainess part? As say this, after having realized I made the redhead the villain in my own story. *smacks forehead*

Liza said...

You made me want to watch Pride and Prejudice again... and I just did. I loved your piece over at Bridget's blog.

The Words Crafter said...

Wow, you've done a fabulous job in casting! The actress you picked for Penny-I just love her! Well done on all counts :)

Anonymous said...

Its fun to find faces to match with your characters I did that once with actors. Jessica Alba would play the female assassin extroidinaire among others.

WritingNut said...

Ooh.. wonderful pictures! It's always fun to do this, and great when you actually find people who match your characters :)

B. WHITTINGTON said...

I can't believe how much having photos of the characters makes the story come alive. I don't know your story - but I could see a story in each of the character's faces.
I'll have to try this with my stories.
Love writing for all the undiscovered elements.
Thanks and blessings, Barb