Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday's at the Piedmont Grille

I'm back! I think. It's been such a crazy last few weeks, I'm not sure where I am exactly. But I do know, I've missed you all terribly and I just can't stay away any longer.

Thanks for all your great support with my excerpts. I'm glad so many of you love Ellis as much as I do. I hope you'll get to love Violet as well. She made her debut for the Christmas blogfest, but Ellis has taken over my life, as well as my heart, and hers. As I said before, he is one of my most compelling characters and I love getting inside his head.

I also want to say Thank You and Welcome to all my new followers. Charlie, Meredith, N.R., Mary, Clp3333, Amy, Demitria, Kulsama, Liz, Aimee, and Tamara. I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to follow you back. But I think I remedied that. And if I don't follow you, it's because you never left me an address, so do so now. Please.

I have so much to say, as well you know, but I'll save it for next week (and the week after, and the week after that, etc. ad infinitum.) I'll be sticking to a M-W-F schedule as far as I know. I hope. However, as you know, I'm really trying to finish this WIP by the end of February, so if you don't see me around, that's where I'll be.

I have some exciting news. I found pictures for the characters for MisMatched. I will be posting them on Monday so don't forget. Also, there's another surprise I'm going to share so please stop by. (And no it's not THAT surprise, but really cool just the same.)

Have a great weekend!!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been distant but there isn't a lack of love Anne! I still heart you!!

I wish you a fabulous weekend!

Elliot Grace said...

...nice to hear from you again, Anne, you've been missed. Oh, and some day...it will be THAT surprise:)

EL

Liza said...

Happy Friday. Enjoy your weekend.

Hannah said...

Have a fabulous weekend! I am unplugging next week so I will see you when I get back.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good to hear from you!!

The Words Crafter said...

I gotta go back and read the excerpts, so don't take them down! I'm off today, but terribly busy. However, I do plan on getting around to visit (and read!) later this evening.

And I can't wait to meet the cast, woohoo!

Christine Danek said...

I hear ya on the crazy weeks. I've been too distracted with revisions. That's a good thing, right? Glad things are going well.
HAve a great weekend!

Linda G. said...

Happy writing! Best of luck with finishing your WIP before March rolls around. :)

Anne Gallagher said...

Jen -- Heart you right back Baby!!!

Elliot -- From your keyboard to God's ears!!

Liza -- All the more to write!!! Laundry is DONE!

Hannah -- Be productive! See you on the flip!

Alex -- Sorry I haven't been by. I'll remedy that as soon as I finish with this ms. Promise.

Becky -- I will send you an email this weekend. Promise.

Christine -- The sooner you get them done, the sooner you can send it out! Keep plugging along. I'm right behind you.

Anne Gallagher said...

Linda -- I'm moving fast and furious! 5K in two days!!!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Good luck finishing in Feb!
Where do you find your character pictures? Go anywhere special?

Stina said...

LOL I can't wait for it to be THAT surprise, but I guess neither can you.

Good luck with the writing. :D

Anne Gallagher said...

Jennifer -- Because I write Regency romance, I usually go to BBC films or Masterpiece Theatre on PBS. I need to see them in costume so I can really get a feel for them.

Stina -- LOL. No I can't. Thanks. Halfway there.

Tess said...

glad to hear the muse is flowing with the WIP. that is always a wonderful feeling.


happy friday!

Jayne said...

Good luck with your WIP! Am cheering you on from London. :)

Melissa Gill said...

Good to hear from you. I've missed the Peidmont Grill. Can't wait to hear your news.

Anne Gallagher said...

Tess -- Thanks. Happy Friday to you!

Jayne -- And I appreciate it greatly!

Melissa -- I forgot to make my menu for the Grille today. Well, first Friday back and all.

J.B. Chicoine said...

ooooohhhh...I just love surprises!

Theresa Milstein said...

Glad you're back. You sound so into your writing, which is great. Good luck finishing your WIP. Have a happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

So lovely to see you back on form, Anne. I've been lying low for the past couple weeks and am hoping to be back to making the rounds in the near future. I missed your excerpts but kudos for being brave enough to share! <3

Anne Gallagher said...

Bridget -- You fairy sprite you!

Theresa -- I went over to your blog today but I got stuck. I'll have to try it again when traffic isn't so busy. Miss you.

Lovey -- My excerpts are still up. Just have to scroll down. I hope you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

Welcome back Anne :)
Have you been watching the BBC drama "Garrow's Law" for that period-flavour? I posted a link for the Old Bailey online resource today.
Looking forward to reading the Regency :)

Anne Gallagher said...

Elaine -- No, they have Downton Abby on PBS Masterpiece here. (I don't get cable tv so can't get any of the BBC stuff.) But I'll look for it at the video store. I'll go to your blog post haste. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Don't blog on our account. Get that book done! Exciting news.

Shannon said...

Glad to hear that you're doing well. Have a great weekend!

Anne Gallagher said...

Clarissa -- I won't, promise. I hit 50K this morning. 30 more to go.

Shannon -- Thanks. Have a great weekend as well.

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see your smiling face on my post about blogging! And it sounds like you've made great progress on your WIP.

This is such a supportive community!! As Clarissa Draper says, write first, blog second!!!

And have a great weekend!
Ann Best, Author @ Long Journey Home