Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

A new day, a new year. Time to make a few resolutions and try and keep them (at least through the month of January).

1) Write 500 words a day. That breaks down to two pages. It's doable and if I stick to it, I can have Mismatched finished by April. Mimi's Ring by August. Maybe even sooner (I suck at math.)

2) Try not to write crap. I'm not looking for a literary masterpiece by any means, just a sentence that doesn't have any justs, likes, buts, thats, or -lys in it.

3) Do an outline, synopsis, scene edit, whatever it takes to get Mimi's Ring back on track. Or at least to a point where I know where I'm going and what I'm doing so I can finish the first draft by March.

4) Really put some work into Mismatched. I love the story, I think it's sweet and I would like to see it published. On that note, I would also love to revise Masquerade again. Those are the two starting books in the series and it would really mean a lot if one of them got picked up.

5) On a personal note I would love to lose 50 pounds by Earth Day -- it's my birthday. Okay, I'll take 40, only 10 pounds a month, 30 would be swell because that's my original fighting weight, but absolutely, definately 20 because I cannot and will not look like this for another year. UGH!

6) And I will quit smoking this year. Because sooner or later it will kill me and I have the most Blessed Precious 5-year-old in the universe and I don't want to leave her all alone in this big, bad world. (Some habits are really hard to break)

7) Kindness. I MUST use more kindness in dealing with people who don't understand me. I am an enigma.

I think that's all I can stand for now. At least they're written down for easy reference and not lost amidst the papers on my messy desk.

I never make resolutions because I always break them, but these are important to me this year. You may, of course, refer me back to these whenever you feel the need. I hope that, you too, are successful in your quest for fulfilling your resolutions, if you dare made any.

Good Luck! Let the New Year begin!

2 comments:

Kelsey (Dominique) Ridge said...

Happy New Year. Best of luck with your resolutions. :)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow, those are big resolutions! I really hope you can stop smoking. That's just not good for anybody except the tobacco companies. :(

You are so kind already! I hope our friendship continues for many years.

I'll be happy if I lose 10 pounds in 6 months. :)