Monday, December 7, 2009

Focus

After having written so many words this weekend I am excited again about finding my place, my head, my focus. I don't know if I've found my voice but I've found something and I need to stick to it.

I am in awe of these people who just keep writing and writing, like the stupid rabbit (bunny) who just keeps going and going. I find I need to take a break from it all and regroup, clean my house, my desk, my head. The funny thing is, when I take a break from it, I feel lost, I complain I can't/don't write. But then as soon as I get back to it, I feel ten thousand times better and have more determination to finish it.

Although I have to admit, I really don't want to finish this story. Like I said previously, I've fallen in love with Ellis, (my MC) and even though I like Violet very much, and I want them to get together, I sort of don't. I want them to keep finding their way to each other, to keep the angst, the tension (sexual or not) going. I want them to keep 'living' in my head. How sick is that?

I don't know. Perhaps I'm just really weird.

The Small One is in school so I have two and a half hours in which to accomplish something. We have seen the Countess but haven't met her yet so I think we'll have some more tension building this morning.

No comments: