Good Morning gentle readers. I'm taking time this weekend to pass out all the lovely awards I received last week. Hopefully by Monday I will be back to my regular posting schedule.
I'd like to say Thank You and Welcome to some new 'friends'. Catt, Bossy Betty, Lisa, Valerie, Damyanti, Jamie and Tessa. The buffet has changed its menu for the summer months, so there's a lot more fruit, and I put the blender out for smoothies. Pool opens around 1pm, bring a suit. I've got extra towels.
Onto the Awards.
First up is the Blogger Buddy given from the lovely E.Elle.
I would like to pass this on to:
My dearest Nicole has bestowed on me the Blogger BFF award. Arent' these little girls just so damn cute!!!
I'd like to pass this on to:
And now for the piece de resistance, Susan Fields, I know, crazy Suzy, right, bestowed the "Creative Writer Award" on me. And so, I believe
I am charged with coming up with 6 lies and one truth. I decided I'm going to come up with 6 truths and one lie. You tell me, which is the lie.
1) In my catering career I once did parties for: an attorney for the Clinton administration, an oil Tycoon from Texas, the president of Vassar College, the brother of the famous Hilton clan, Jasper White, and Todd English. (Jasper White and Todd English are famous food guys. Or they used to be.)
2) I have moved 38 times in my adult lifetime. By myself, no moving men involved.
3) I was once caught in the middle of a real live standoff between a crazy lady with a sawed off shotgun and the local sheriff's department. I was meeting a friend for BREAKFAST at the local cantina walking through the parking lot minding my own business when a hand reached out from between parked cars and smashed me down to the pavement. Before I could get the verbal abuse out of my mouth he jammed his knee on my chest and fired a shot. They fired back. I peed my pants. When all was said and done, they had arrested a drunk woman who was having a fight with her boyfriend and she decided that if he wasn't going to buy her another beer, she was going to kill him. Needless to say, I missed breakfast.
4) I am a descendant from the Native Americans (Wampanoag) who met the Pilgrims at Plymouth. I am also a descendant of the Pilgrims who met the Wampanoag at Plymouth.
5) I once had to set my fractured ribs back in place, by myself, just me and my friend Jack Daniels. Do you have any idea how hard it is to bind your ribs with one hand? With boobs in the way?
6) I once took care of a woman who had been in the Blitz during WWI in England. Whenever it would thunder and lightening, she ran around the house screaming, "There's a Duchess among us, stand tall, there's a Duchess among us."
7) My grandmother was always the biggest Red Sox fan. She left me her love of the game when she died and I took it to heart. Every summer it was one of anguish and heartbreak, but still I perservered. I never gave up hope. The year they won the pennant I was pregnant with Monster Baby. I always said, that she was the reason, "The Curse of the Bambino" was broken.
So, there they are, lies / truths, you decide.
This award gets passed on to:
Lyndsey at Dangerous with a Pen
Summer at And this Time Concentrate
Andrew Rosenburg at The Write Runner
I'd also like to apologize to the lovely and brilliant Talli Roland for spelling her name wrong. Sorry Dearest, in all the excitment, I lost my mind.