Monday, November 16, 2009

Decision

The small one is in school, I have the house to myself. I thought through the weekend, and last night I think I came up with a plan.

I always wanted to write romance, they all say, write what you know, I know that. I've been reading it for more than 30 years. I know the formula, I've done the research, I have new information to make the writing successful, even in this economy. I have plots, I have characters, I have the setting (Regency England), I have inner and outer conflicts. I have happy endings. I also have four chapters each written for the next 3 books in the series that I planned to do for the manuscript that is finished. So...

I am going to tear apart the finished manuscript and get it down to 75K and submit it to Harlequin. I am going to work on Book 2 of the series and send that in. Well, I'm going to have to find an agent of course, which is probably harder than writing the books to begin with. I worked on Book 2's query last night and I think I can go with it.

Now all I have to do is write it.

I also wanted to mention that as soon as I can figure out how to post things on this blog, I will. I have some great information that I'd like to share with my readers (hahaha so far it's only Michele) but hopefully I'll get more. They say I have to build up to a fan base, but I can't do that without the books. So I need to write them and publish them and hopefully become successful so I CAN have readers.

So, I'll say goodbye now and go to my documents and write my little stories.

No comments: