Monday, November 2, 2009

Auspicious Beginnings

I started my own version of NaNoWriMo yesterday and found on my word count I had 3510.
Pretty good I think considering I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm writing in first person POV which I have never done. I am also writing from a 15-year-olds POV something else I have never done. I am also writing about the dark arts, which I know a little about, but have never put on paper. Scary stuff.

I think I am excited about this new WIP but I'm not sure. The whole rejection thing on Saturday caused a major meltdown in my creative process but I think I survived. I ate a bunch of white chocolate chip/macadamia nut cookies which appeased my depression somewhat and I feel better for it. Chocolate always helps.

Now, if I can stay focused long enough to finish this before December 15 (Yes, I know I'm cheating with 2 extra weeks, but please don't hold that against me) I might be able to work on the query. Then revisions by Christmas.

If all goes according to plan.

No comments: