Today, gentle readers, is full of fun, frivolity and awards.
First off I'd like to say Welcome and Thank You to all my new "friends". Julie, Lola (who was here but not), Hilary and Kelly. Grab something to drink and eat off the buffet, it's in the dining room, as soon as the pool is up I'm having a party. Don't be shy about commenting, we're all friends.
Second, I'd like to share with you this crazy post I found the other day. It's by a new blogger, Tahereh Mafi and I think it's totally hysterical. Go check out her blog. Really, it's really funny. Go look and come right back.
Third, I've gotten a new award which I will pass on. I received the Prolific
Blogger Award from not only E.Elle at The Writer's Funhouse but Laurel at Laurel's Leaves. I'm honored that two people would think I'm prolific on my blog. Mostly I think I'm just nonsensical, I mean I haven't really shared any of the rules or guidelines on how to write proper english because I usually fly by the seat of my pants. I haven't handed out any secrets to getting an agent that anyone else doesn't know. I don't think of myself as prolific in any way. I'm just me. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the award. I freakin' LOVE it.
There are rules to this award.
1) I have to pass this on to seven others. (I am.)
2) I must link to the blog from which I received it. (I did.)
3) I must link back to this postfrom where it originated. (I did.)
4) And who ever receives this award must visit the above post and sign their name to the Mr. Linky. (I did.) Which is pretty impressive.
Okay, and the awards go to:
Sarah at Falen Formulates Fiction because she shows pictures of the cool stuff she knows how to do and lets me copy her.
Nicole at One Significant Moment in Timebecause her writing is totally awesome and if you haven't read it yet, go now.
Elana at Elana Johnson Authorbecause she's smart and funny, and did I mention she also runs the Query Tracker blog, so she's really smart.
Shelley Sly at Stories in the Ordinary because her stories are far from ordinary.
DL Hammond at Cruising Altitude because #1) he's a boy and I'd like to think I'm an EO Award giver, and #2) he writes some really amazing stuff, and #3) he remembers that toes are important. Go check him out.
Carolina at Caroline's Prints because she is awesome and brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
And last but not least Roxy at A Woman's Write because not only is she funny, articulate, and smart, she has Daniel Craig as her muse.
If you haven't checked out any of these prolific writers do so now. They are fantastic and well worth checking out.
Ryan at The Life of an Aspiring Writer also gave me the Honest Scrap Award because I gave it to him.
I now have to list ten things about me but because I've done this before, I'll list them about my Monster Baby instead.
1) She won the award for Politest Child at school 3 years in a row.
2) She can climb a tree faster than I can say, "Get down from there before you break your neck."
3) She won't sleep in her own bed because she says she'll be lonely without me. (Yeah, and whose fault was that it started in the first place?)
4) She is absolutely the most beautiful child you ever did see.
5) She's smart, sometimes too smart for her own good.
6) She can tell you all the animals in the world, what they eat, where they live, and how they talk, including narwhals. (True, I had to look them up.)
7) She's just turned 5 (December 2) and thinks the whole month is her birthday not just the day. Her birthday is at the beginning and Santa comes at the end and the aunts and uncles send presents in between. Next year, I'm changing it to July.
8) She loves mac and cheese, hot dogs, and chocolate milk and if she could, she'd eat that for every meal including breakfast.
9) She talks nonstop from the time she gets up in the morning until she goes to bed at night. I kid you not. If she's not talking she makes up songs. Some days I want to put in ear plugs.
10) She doesn't whine. Not ever. Oh sure, she may throw a tantrum, but she doesn't whine. (Thank the Good Lord.)
Okay, I'm passing this on to:
Tara at Feel of Something New.
Lola at Sharp Pen Dull Sword.
Steena at Chocolate Reality.
and Christi at A Torch in the Tempest.
And if you have received this award in the past, I apologize for not checking your blog to make sure. But please pass it on, everyone deserves an award.
So, that's my post for today, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I'll either be digging post holes or working on my story. I already cleaned the house.