Monday, December 7, 2015

Women of a Certain Demographic

So, I've been working like a fiend to get this book finished. My time has not been my own since school started and the original draft was supposed to have been finished by the end of August. The writing gods mocked me. But now that it is (and has been looked over by my editor and is now with my critique partner) I'm ready to talk about it.

I've decided to release it under my Robynne Rand name as several characters from REMEMBERING YOU appear in DEMOGRAPHIC.

Without further ado...



After losing her job, apartment, and latest friend-with-benefits, prize-winning newspaper journalist Cathryn Parker returns home to Rhode Island and her domineering mother Rita, six Chihuahuas, and the old bedroom she slept in as a kid. Blacklisted for writing an expose on a philandering Senator, Cathryn takes the only job offered her at Providence Woman Monthly, if only to escape her mother's constant disapproval.

When asked to write a piece on the lack of love in the lives of women over a certain age, Cathryn is appalled, as she's part of that demography. To make things worse, the only way to ensure the magazine stays afloat and Cathryn keeps her job is if the article is a hit.

A chance meeting with her brother's best friend, Steve, finds Cathryn battling an emotional roller-coaster. Living under the Disney delusion that someday her prince would come—Steve is the perfect man, everything she's ever wanted—but he carries the physical scars of a bomb blast from Afghanistan and the emotional scars from a fiancĂ©e who left him because of it. 

However, when she discovers the secret that her perfect Prince Charming has been hiding, Cathryn makes a life-changing decision, especially as she has her own secret to keep.

*****

The novel is available on Amazon for a limited time for .99  -- It will be available at its regular price on Christmas from  Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Smashwords, itunes, Gardeners UK, to name a few by Christmas.

If anyone would like an ARC, please let me know. shoreroadpublishing@gmail.com

Anne Gallagher  (c) 2015

7 comments:

Karen Baldwin said...

LOve, LOve, LOve - Living under the Disney delusion that someday her prince would come. This story sounds like my kind of read. Sorry if my ignorance shows, but are any of those formats above in hard print?

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

wow

you've been quiet.

Happy Monday 2 U

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats on finishing and getting it ready to publish. Sounds like a great read.

Stacy McKitrick said...

The writing gods mock me, too. Just gotta stick your tongue out at them and keep writing, huh?

Good luck with your soon-to-be release!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Sounds FANTASTIC!!! (Is this the book you'd asked me about reading several months ago?) I would have loved to read an ARC, but with everything that's going on this month, I don't know if I'd have time to read it and provide feedback before you get it launched. Bummer.

But read it I WILL! Looking forward to it. :)

Anne Gallagher said...

Em -- Paperback will be out as soon as I possibly can get to it.

Mac -- Just a little bit.

Susan -- Thanks. We'll see what the reviews say.

Stacy -- Thanks. Problem is I don't want to anger the gods if I throw them a raspberry. You know how they are.

Susan -- Yes, this is the same book. Unfortunately, it took a lot longer to finish than I thought.

Lara D said...

Your book is fabulous! Loved reading it. Posted an Amazon review for you :)