On Today's Menu -- Nicki Elson author of THREE DAVES
This is really a fun thing because we can learn so much from our friends.
1) What was the last book you read?
Last Novella: Semper Audacia by M.Pax (4 stars!)
Last Full Length Novel: South of Charm by Elliot Grace (Another 4 stars!)
Currently: The Death and Life of Superman by Roger Stern (We're at about 3 stars at the moment)
2) What genre would you like to try writing?
Horror. But not grisly horror, more like spooky horror. I was surprised that the creepy scenes in the romance I'm currently working on were my favorite to write.
3) What is your favorite word?
Nevertheless...but you have to say it just the right way or the humor's completely lost.
4) What word is the bane of your existence to find in a manuscript, either yours or someone else's?
Audibly. It's not a bad word in and of itself, but when used before an action that's already obviously audible, grrrrrr...
5) What is your favorite cliche?
"You'll never know until you try."
6) Which author, living or dead, do you wish you could write like?
Jane Austen. Love how adeptly she weaves humor into the narrative and pulls readers into the characters' emotions.
7) Who is your favorite author?
8) What is your favorite book from childhood?
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. I was also a big time Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys fanatic.
9) What was the last book/story you published?
Sway, a short story that was part of an anthology last summer and is now offered free in pdf and 99 cents on Kindle. Just sayin'
10) What are you writing now? (As much or as little as you want.)
I've recently finished the second draft of an original novel, title yet to be determined. If I had to categorize it (which is looks like I soon will) I'd say it's a contemporary paranormal romantic suspense. Only -ish on the suspense though, and it's paranormal only insofar as I believe could actually happen. How's that for specific?
Wow who knew Nicki wants to write spooky horror!
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend everyone!!