Monday, August 11, 2014

The Lady's Secret is Finished

Where I am going to sit for the next 5 days and
burn to a crisp
Good Morning. For those of you who keep track, my last novella for my series is finished. I worked on it for 12 hours yesterday, and wrote the end last night at 7:39 pm. It came in at 44,378 words.You must think I'm nuts to do something like this and I am, but I was on a roll. My vacation ends Saturday and I wanted to actually be able to spend time and enjoy it, so I pushed myself to finish it. Besides Monster has been camping all weekend with my brother and his family so I had no one asking "Can we go to the beach?" every five minutes.


I'm very excited about this little book. It has a lot of good stuff in it if I do say so myself. Evil sisters, Prince Charmings (2 actually), wicked father (sorry, no step-parents in this one), intrigue, sexual tension, oops, sorry, we're calling that desire and longing these days. What's cool about this novella is that I've tied it into the other novella LADY OLIVIA'S UNDOING. If you read one, you'll see elements of the other in it and vice versa. It's pretty clever if I do say so myself. And these are the pre-quels to the last novel in the series.



Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that, and now I'm going to enjoy the last 5 days of my vacation. Because as you know, it's been a doozy so far.


And if you don't follow me on Twitter, you should. @gallagher_anne

I've been having a lot of one-sided conversations with myself. It'd be nice to talk to people.







Tell me -- Have you ever worked like a maniac to finish a book/book/novel/story? Did you bum ever fall asleep while you wrote? (That was my challenge -- my bum kept falling asleep)











Anne Gallagher (c) 2014

9 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Congratulations! Enjoy those next five days. You certainly deserve a real vacation now.

--but don't burn to a crisp. :)

Stacy McKitrick said...

Yay! You finished!!! Enjoy the beach for me, too. :)

Bish Denham said...

YEAH! Do take time to enjoy the rest of your stay. It's looks like a most lovely spot.

Bish Denham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I never worked that many hours in a day and I always get up and walk around when I work for more than an hour. Congrats on finishing.

Anne Gallagher said...

Maria -- Stacey -- Bish -- Susan --

Thanks so much ladies! I just finished my laundry and I'm heading down to the beach right now!

Sarah Ahiers said...

YAY!! Congrats!

I have two months to finish my edits for my editor, so i'm sure there will be some crazy days in there somewhere.

Liza said...

Well now, you enjoy the rest of this week. You do deserve it. Where exactly are you in RI?

Anne R. Allen said...

Major congrats on finishing! I have indeed worked so long my butt fell asleep. They say it's really bad for us and we should write standing up. We're also supposed to live on kale smoothies. Neither of those things is going to happen for me. But I did get a great memory-foam cushion that's made for a wheelchair. I use it in my typing chair and--no more sleepy butt!